Whether you’re an actor wanting instruction and coaching in accents, voice-over, or Shakespeare; an ESL student or a regional-dialect speaker needing “accent reduction”; a person requiring coaching in public speaking; a linguist seeking a greater understanding of phonetics; or someone who wants to learn an accent just for fun, you’ve come to the right place! Paul Meier has been teaching British and American dialects, and foreign-language accents, for more than 40 years in the United States and his native England, coaching the biggest names in movies — Tobey Maguire and Mark Ruffalo, for example — and hundreds of plays, films, and musicals. With his long experience as a voice-over artist (the voice of Walmart’s Smiley) and as an actor in audio books (Ayn Rand’s Anthem), he’s uniquely qualified to help others in these fields. And his top-selling book, Accents & Dialects for Stage and Screen, has become the industry standard. Welcome to the #1 site for dialect and accent instruction. Welcome to Paul Meier Dialect Services.
Like PMDS on Facebook
- Let’s talk … about talk September 1, 2021
- Learn about heightened language and Black playwrights August 1, 2021
- Voice, speech and the law July 1, 2021
- What is glossolalia? June 1, 2021
- Welcome Australia’s bestselling writer, Mem Fox, to the May podcast May 1, 2021