Paul Meier Dialect Services offers a lot of free stuff! Let this page serve as your guide to finding all that complimentary content. We offer the following coaching, instruction, and other content completely free of charge:
- Paul’s In a Manner of Speaking podcast. Each month Paul posts a new podcast on topics related to the spoken word.
- Pronunciation lessons. These audio and video lessons were originally created for Global English. Paul is now happy to provide many of them free to you here.
- Shakespeare resources. Much of Paul’s scholarly research and dialect analysis of Shakespeare is available for free here. The most valuable free resource is Paul’s Original Pronunciation of Shakespeare’s English ebook.
- Interactive IPA charts. These charts of the International Phonetic Alphabet are designed by Eric Armstrong and voiced by Paul.
- Our Links & Resources page is a gold mine of information on dialects, accents, linguistics, phonetics, theatre, film, and the spoken word.
- The International Dialects of English Archive (IDEA). Paul founded the internet’s leading archive of English-language dialects and accents in 1998, and it’s entirely free.
This free content — and the website itself — is made possible by the support of users like you and, of course, Paul’s paid services and products. So if you enjoy this free content, please visit the other pages of the site, particularly the All Accents & Dialects page, where you will find accent/dialect books and ebooks for as low at $29.95.
iStockPhoto image 1096052358 courtesy Aquir