Over the last couple of years, Paul has introduced some exciting new products designed to enhance his instruction of dialects and accents. Among these are ebook versions of all 25 of his individual-dialect/accent products; an interactive iTunes app designed to demonstrate the sounds of the International Phonetic Alphabet; and a new edition of his Voicing Shakespeare ebook. And coming soon will be an Android version of the Interactive IPA app.
Some of Paul’s recent coaching projects include an Original Pronunciation version of Twelfth Night, by the Orlando Shakespeare Theatre; Crimes of the Heart, by Beth Henley, for the University of Wisconsin; a film starring Tom Wilkinson and his wife Diana Hardcastle; and Daniel Beaty’s one-man show, The Tallest Tree in the Forest, directed by Moisés Kaufman. (The latter is the story of Paul Robeson and more than 40 characters from his life. In addition to an Arena Stage run, the show played at the Kansas City Rep, La Jolla, and the Mark Taper Forum.)
Below you will find a sampling of Paul’s recent film and theatrical work.
- The Confession, Michael Landon, Jr., Believe Pictures, USA
- The Day Hollywood Died, Ronnie S. Riskalla, (in pre-release), Rising Star Pictures, Australia
- About Cherry, Stephen Elliot, Enderby Entertainment, USA
- Quad, Michael Uppendahl, Gilbert Films, USA
- The Shunning, Michael Landon, Jr., Believe Pictures, USA
- What’s Wrong With Virginia, Dustin Lance Black, director, Killer Films and Tick-Tock Studios, USA
- When Calls the Heart, Michael Landon, Jr., (in post-production), Believe Pictures, USA
- Caught in the Act, Matt Lipsey U.K.
- The Last Sin Eater, Michael Landon, Jr., Believe Pictures, USA
- Locked Up Down Shorty’s, Mike Petty, Futomaki Productions, USA
- Ride with the Devil, Ang Lee, Good Machine/Universal, USA
- Molokai: The Story of Father Damien, Paul Cox, ERA, Brussels, Belgium
- Arlington Road, Tim Robbins, Sony Pictures Entertainment, USA
- Theory of the Trojans, Melanie Cavin, Voyage Entertainment, U.S.A./Australia
Recent Theatre (Equity)
- Twelfth Night, Carolyn Howarth, The Orlando Shakespeare Theatre, USA
- The Tallest Tree in the Forest, Moises Kaufman, starring Daniel Beaty, The Kansas City Rep, USA
- My Brilliant Divorce, Michael Donald Edwards, starring Mary Testa, The Asolo Theatre, USA
- Original Pronunciation seminar, with Tim Carroll, Stratford Festival, Stratford, Ontario, Canada
- Death of a Salesman, Eric Rosen, Kansas City Repertory Theatre, USA
- Boeing-Boeing, Richard Carrothers, The New Theatre, USA
- Translations, Mark Robbins, Actors Theatre of Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
- Born Yesterday, Steve Scott, American Theatre Company, Chicago, USA
- The Odd Couple, Joe Mantello, Brooks Atkinson Theatre, Broadway, New York, USA
- St. Scarlet, Rick Snyder, American Theatre Company, Chicago, USA
- Blood Brothers, Sid Cato, Pacific Repertory Theatre, Salina, California, USA
- The Scarlet Pimpernel, Richard Carrothers, The New Theatre, Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.
- Father of the Bride, Dennis Hennesy, The New Theatre, Kansas City, USA
- Wild Oats, Calvin MacLean, Bloomington, Illinois, USA
- The Lost Colony, Drew Scott Harris, Manteo, North Carolina, USA
- The Glass Menagerie, David Lan, Palace Theatre, Watford, U.K.
- Camelot, Dennis Hennessey, The New Theatre, Kansas City, USA
- Steel Magnolias, Dennis Hennessey, The New Theatre, Kansas City, USA
- A Christmas Carol, The Unicorn Theatre, Missouri, USA
- Henceforward, Paul Hough American Heartland Theatre, Missouri, USA