Paul’s February edition of his In a Manner of Speaking podcast tackles Polari, the “secret” language used primarily by gay men in Britain during the 19th and 20th centuries. This month’s special guest is Paul Baker, an expert on the language. Go here to listen to the podcast, or search for In a Manner of Speaking on your favorite podcast channel.
Like PMDS on Facebook
- Read me a story, Elizabeth Wiley October 1, 2021
- Let’s talk … about talk September 1, 2021
- Learn about heightened language and Black playwrights August 1, 2021
- Voice, speech and the law July 1, 2021
- What is glossolalia? June 1, 2021