This month’s podcast, for February 2019, focuses on releasing the power of the text. Paul’s guest is David Alan Stern, one of the longest-established and most popular publishers of dialect help for actors, and professor emeritus of the University of Connecticut. Paul and David discuss the language arts as they impact the spoken word in all its manifestations and delve into topics such as eloquence, emphasis, public speaking, oratory, recitation, rhetorical skills, verse speaking, and vocal variety. For information about Professor Stern, visit https://learnaccent.com/about/.
Like PMDS on Facebook
- Protected: AR3 August 2, 2021
- Learn about heightened language and Black playwrights August 1, 2021
- Episode 43 (Heightened Language and Black Playwrights) August 1, 2021
- Protected: JM6 July 7, 2021
- Voice, speech and the law July 1, 2021