New month, new podcast! And February’s episode of In a Manner of Speaking features Lane Greene, language columnist and Spain correspondent for The Economist. The podcast episode takes its title from one of Lane’s books, You Are What You Speak (2011), and Paul and Lane tackle a variety of topics related to linguistics, accents, and the myths, fears, and politics surrounding language. Go here to listen to the podcast, or look for it on your favorite podcast channel or index.
Like PMDS on Facebook
- Say my name, say my name June 2, 2023
- Summer sale on plays and musicals May 2, 2023
- What’s in a name? May 1, 2023
- ‘The Oxford English Dictionary’ April 1, 2023
- How fast can you talk? March 1, 2023
Stay in Touch
Click here to get all the latest accent and dialect updates. And follow Paul on Twitter.