Paul’s new In a Manner of Speaking podcast for the month of June has just been posted. This month Paul welcomes David Crystal, one of the world’s most famous linguists and the leader of the modern movement we call OP: Original Pronunciation of Shakespeare’s works. David explains the fascinating linguistic subfield called Pragmatics. Click here to listen to it on the main podcast page. An RSS feed is also available.
Like PMDS on Facebook
- Read me a story, Elizabeth Wiley October 1, 2021
- Let’s talk … about talk September 1, 2021
- Learn about heightened language and Black playwrights August 1, 2021
- Voice, speech and the law July 1, 2021
- What is glossolalia? June 1, 2021